Farthest Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capturing, motivating, inspiring — one imagination at a time.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sara Carpenter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sara Carpenter
Admin
Sara Carpenter

Sara Carpenter Empty
PostSubject: Sara Carpenter   Sara Carpenter EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm

I have already written several short stories and poems, some of which will be available for review in the future. Most of my short stories are set in modern times, but I also enjoy writing fantasy, historical fiction, and what Cowboy Steve has dubbed "musicpunk."

The Shadow of the Arch focuses on a group of five kids growing up on the bad side of Saint Louis. (about 10 miles from my hometown.) They make a pact together to make something of their lives. This will probably be a series of three books.

My Father is Jubal, My Mother is Song is the working title for my newest idea. This may or may not be the final title. This story is my first that is set in a fantasy society. In this society, singers rule and the instrumentalists that support their music are little more than servants. But Lyric, the daughter of one of the finest singing families in the land, finds that she is an instrumentalist at heart.

My main project at the moment is Friday Child. (And no, there does not need to be an 's after "Friday.") When Amber Carey's best friend, Julie, dies unexpectedly, Amber helps to raise Julie's five-year-old daughter. In the next few years, Amber will learn much, lose and gain true love, and find her lost faith in God's will. And so much of this happens because of her Friday child.

I would also like to write a non-fiction book about the Kennedy assassination. It would be titled Case Re-opened: Passing the Eternal Flame to a New Generation. This book would make my case for a continued and renewed interest in Kenedy assassination research until this, the most important unsolved homicide case of the 20th century, is solved.
Back to top Go down
http://sarascollegeadventure.blogspot.com

Sara Carpenter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Farthest Horizons :: Forum :: Members Area-
Jump to: